Attention Inverted Triangles: Check Out These 10 Tips to Flatter Your Figure
2. Wearing the Right Neckline: For the inverted triangle gal, soft U necklines are the way to go. Tailored shirts and V neck wrap tops are also a great way to slenderize your upper half. Be sure to avoid halters, boat necks, gathered sleeves, and strapless tops.
3. Slimming the Shoulders: To slim your shoulders, try Raglan tops or shirts with shoulder slits. Also, soft collarless tunics are perfect for flattering the inverted triangle figure. Try leaving cardigans unbuttoned to help soften your shoulders.
4. Color Counts: Place your colors carefully! Wear lighter colors on the bottom and darker colors on the top to visually balance your figure.
5. Position Your Patterns Properly: For inverted triangles, busy patterns on top can point out your problem areas. Stick to simple and vertical patterns on the top to slim your silhouette.
6. Choosing the Right Skirt: Choose skirts that add a little flare to your figure. Knee length skirts with contoured waistbands will look great on you, as will full circle and pleated skirts. Avoid pencil skirts if you are on the busty side, as they will make you look more top heavy.
7. Picking Pants: The best part of being an inverted triangle is that your pants options are endless! Any style will work for you and you will look better in boot cuts than everyone else.
8. Outerwear and Accessories: You can wear jackets of any length as long as they are fitted at the waist. Avoid bulky necklaces.
9. Buckle That Belt: A funky belt will not only spice up your wardrobe, it will compliment your curves as well. For inverted triangle figures, belts look best buckled at the waistline.
10. Feel Fabulous: The best way to look great is to feel great. Whatever you wear, wear it with confidence and accessorize it with a smile.