Even if your clothes are boring, drab, or somewhat uninspired, you can still put together a great outfit. Spice up your look with key accessories, such as jewelry, sunglasses, and handbags. And the best part? Accessories still fit when you've gained a few pounds!
A few basic rules when it comes to accessories:
1. Big bags balance out a big body. Small bags will make you look even bigger. Plus you can't fit anything in them.
2. Same with big earrings. Either go with sensible studs (the bigger the better), or, if you wear dangly earrings, make sure they're BIG. Small dangly earrings will look silly next to chipmunk cheeks.
3. Bags don't need to match your belt, or shoes, or outfit for that matter. Use bags to add a spice of color or to pull a whole outfit together.
4. Unless you have small fingers, NO RINGS. Nobody likes a sausage finger. The one exception: engagement rings (but remember, the bigger diamond the better).
5. Long necklaces are the fat girl's best friend. They're very much in style right now, make you look slimmer by elongating your body, and jazz up any outfit. Tip: stock up on cheap necklaces at places like H&M and Claire's until you've figured out what lengths / styles work best for your body. Then you can invest a little more in key pieces and know that you'll love them!